Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally... Micah's Guitar Recital!

This is Flashback Friday, right? So I can post Micah's guitar recital from a month ago, which I finally pulled off the camcorder! This first video is "Lullaby" with Micah on guitar, me on voice, and his teacher on piano. His teacher's husband was supposed to do the violin part, but for some reason he decided not to. That would have been really cool!

Here is Micah's Guitar Solo:

And here are his trio pieces, including Fur Elise:

Micah's guitar teacher retired this month. It has been so convenient having her across the street from us -- Micah would just run over there whenever he had a lesson and I wouldn't have to transport him anywhere. She has also been so fabulous whenever I picked out a song for our family cd's -- she completely rewrote and arranged "Lullaby" from the piano sheet music that I had purchased. She is such a great lady and a great teacher, and I'll miss having Micah taken lessons from her. He starts with his new teacher in a couple weeks.

No comments: