Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • "you're out!!!"
  • "home ruuuuunnnnn!"
  • "score!"
  • digging for dinosaur bones in chocolate pudding
  • handsome haircuts
  • James vacuuming hair off the boys
  • Cameron's wrist wasn't really broken
  • my littlest birthday boy
  • early morning runs with James
  • naked singing Barbies
  • baby girls who sing along with naked singing Barbies (could it be possible that she is even MORE girly than Rebecca???)
  • balloons in the laundry (what will they think of next?)
  • purple flowers
  • where are all the binkeys disappearing to? Is there a secret Binkey Land that they're all escaping to?
  • need something notarized? I'm a notary!
  • Monk Marathon that my very kind mother taped for me since I can't watch Monk here!
  • squeaky violin strings

Cameron decided his soccer shed needed a door knob.

Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Teancum: "Mommy, I was just wondering, are you going to have more babies soon?" Mom: "No, Teancum, I can't have more babies. The part that babies grow in isn't inside me anymore. Do you want more babies?" T: "Yeah, I was just really wanting to have a red-haired person in our family!"
  • Micah: Micah quite often has a very bad case of spa rash. Right now it's terrible. We've tried all different kinds of chemicals and enzymes, but James struggles with spa rash as well. He's very good about showering every time he takes a spa, though, and that helps. We thought Micah was showering every time he went in the hot tub too, but this weekend when we asked him about it, he said that he didn't use soap in the shower. "WHAT????" He explained very logically, "I saw that commercial that showed all the soap scum that gets left on your skin when you use soap, and I didn't want that all over me." "WHAT????" You'd rather have spa rash all over you??? It reminds me of the time that we made him use soap when he washed his hands and he cried, "it burns! it burns!" (Micah reads my blog. He is going to be mad that I posted that. But then maybe now he'll use soap when he showers and washes his hands... and maybe he'll brush his teeth too!)
Lizzie loves doggies

The dreaded hair cuts!!!
Cameron the Soccer Man

That miniature soccer ref is my little Jamey. Those are 5 year olds out on the field.Daddy & Micah putting up soffit

Springtime Snow! Soccer games were cancelled Monday. :(

It sure was pretty, though.



This is Lizzie's boyfriend. Rebecca and Kaykay have been taking swimming lessons all throughout the schoolyear. There has been a little boy in their class for most of the year, too. This is his little brother Tanner. He and Lizzie play & fight together each time we go to swimming.

Grumpy Thoughts from the Past Week:

Hey, I'm entitled to some grumpy thoughts sometimes, right? This week went pretty well, but Friday I was mighty stressed out and grumpy. My poor kids and husband who had to live with me!
  • One of my area coordinators for the food program for Wyoming Foster & Adoptive Parents Association told me she was moving, so she wouldn't be able to coordinate her area anymore, nor would she be able to be the group leader for Casper anymore. Luckily I was able to find a foster parent willing to be the leader in Casper, but there was lots of confusion in the change and we're still trying to clear that up and make sure nobody falls through the cracks. There are 7 cities in that area and none of the 7 group leaders are willing to be the new area coordinator. That means I have ended up doing it, and Friday was when the pick list came out. I found out that this area coordinator had not been doing things the way I do them, so now I feel like I'm sitting in a big mess and need to get it figured out. This coming Friday my area's list comes out and I can tell I'm going to get tired of WFAPA pretty fast if I don't find a new area coordinator for that section of the state. I'm willing to do their area and mine so that their cities don't have to go without food, but it seems to me that if they really appreciated getting the food, at least one of them would step up and offer to do some work for it. Luckily my other 2 area coordinators don't have any plans of moving away (that I know of!) and they both do a terrific job. It makes me even more appreciative of the girl who used to do the food program for the entire state all those years. At least I only have to worry about half of the state.
  • Also on Friday, I had some major problems with our accounting system as I was trying to do the bills. It was a "perfect storm" sort of problem where multiple things added up to make a mess that wasn't fixable. It was partly my fault because I tried to post 2 bills at once and that is why the program won't reverse it. It was also partly my printer's fault and my program's fault (mostly my program's fault). Very luckily, I caught the error before this bill was mailed to the client, but I still haven't figured out how I'm going to remedy the problem and I don't want to call customer support because they charge an arm and a leg to fix it. I was tending Kaykay and Oakley because their moms needed to help with the music & meal for Sister Hart's funeral, so I had four little girls running around James' office (and an incredible mess!) while I was trying to concentrate on the bills. I was in a hurry and determined to get the bills out right on May 1st because for Heaven's sakes, it's May and it's time to sign up (and pay for) summer sports and six months of car insurance (who do you guys use? I'm switching from Geico because our insurance went up a ridiculous amount this time and I don't know why! Does it have to do with the new engine? I definitely need to switch auto insurance carriers). I learned some valuable lessons and made a mental list of what NOT to do next time!
  • As much as I enjoy soccer, baseball, scouts, music lessons, and church obligations, there are times when I want to sit back and put my feet up (metaphorically speaking, of course), and it seems that Friday was not that day. I was sure glad when I finally rolled into bed (and then laid awake for a few hours wondering what to do about the billing problem and the WFAPA mess). And I was sure grateful when my hubby took all the kids downstairs to watch "Narnia Prince Caspian" while I got some things done upstairs earlier in the evening. Hopefully I won't have any grumpy thoughts next week, eh? But it sure is nice to VENT sometimes!

2 comments:

AmytheGreat said...

1. we combine our car ins with our home owners ins.

2.James should email Kalob about the spa rash (earnerd@hotmail.com) Only 1x in our 5 years of tubbing have we ever gotten a rash. And we don't have to shower afterwards. Kalob manages all of our tub chemicals.

3. and it is ok to vent:) You do more than anybody else I know!!!!

AmytheGreat said...

Let me clarify! You do more WORK than anybody else I know so I think it is ok that you vent now and then. :)