Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Sure Do Miss My Little Boy!

Things are just not the same around the house without little Micah. I miss him. He's been at Yellowstone all week with his 6th grade class. He didn't want to go because of the 2 soccer games that he's missing while he's gone. But I'm sure he's having a great time.

One of the other moms called and told me that the kids were going to be at the Mammoth Hot Springs to wave on the web cam at 4 o'clock Tuesday. So James and I sat in front of the computer for a half hour watching the web cam, which refreshes itself every 30 seconds, until Brother Larsen called to say he was ready to move the soccer shed so we had to go. We never did see the 6th graders wave and I haven't heard if anyone else did. Maybe it was a practical joke to get all the parents and school administration to sit in front of their computers for hours waiting for them. :)

It seems weird when we go places this week, it's like we're missing half the kids. Micah will be pretty disappointed to know that we lost the soccer game on Tuesday, partly because of the weather, which was blowing so hard that the ref suggested we call the game right after the half, and the coach that was ahead, naturally, agreed. And also partly because he wasn't there. We have a pretty good team, and Cameron did a great job too (he's a great defender), but Micah is definitely our most aggressive player. They have another game tonight. I hope Micah doesn't get eaten by a bear or fall into any hot springs or stand too close to Old Faithful when it erupts...



1 comment:

Alison said...

A whole week? I'm nervous about the overnight stay at Sinks Canyon Camp this summer. I don't know what I'll do. . .probably keep vigil just outside their campsite.