- Rebecca brushing Lizzie's teeth
- creative alphabetic preschoolers creating creative art
- a giggling sleep-over
- handsome teenager
- where did those teeth go?
- two baseball wins
- it's official! She's on a two-wheeler!
- lunch at the park with friends
- the ending of a great band year at the junior high
- very extremely dressy junior high awards night (oops!)
- graduation caps and diplomas for miniature graduates
- a long-dreamed-of drinking fountain is in working order and there are far fewer cups on my counter!
- a fun & festive wedding & reception
- Cameron's duty-to-God requirement to do his own laundry for 2 months is starting out as a disaster. First, he didn't know where the laundry soap was, so instead of putting his clothes in the washer, he just stuck them into the dryer instead. Then he pulled them out of the dryer and put them in the washer (after me getting upset with him that he had put dirty clothes in the dryer) and started the water, then asked me how much Pinesol I thought he ought to add to the load. I showed him where the real laundry soap was (on the shelf right above the washers) and I didn't notice the pair of muddy socks he had stuck in the sink. I'm sure he was being considerate since the socks were so muddy, they'd need to soak for a while. Well, our washer empties into the sink. So 20 minutes later, water was flooding out of that sink onto my laundry room floor. Thank goodness we have a drain right by the washers so nothing was damaged. Yes, I can see the need for this requirement in the Duty to God book. Cameron definitely needs to learn how to do laundry. It's been an education already (for both of us).
- Teancum trying to convince me that he deserved more ice cream because he ate "this much spaghetti" (using his hands to diagram on the couch the length and width of his helping of spaghetti).
- Lizzie poured her sacrament cup in my lap right before I went up to play the piano for a musical number
- Jamey has suddenly become a super-reader! Partly because he wants to be like Micah, and partly because of his competitive nature and was trying to beat-out the other kids' AR points (mostly Jalynne, his girlfriend), he suddenly started reading huge books (like the ones Micah's been reading) and earning lots of AR points. Today is the last day to do AR tests and he worked so hard all weekend reading his final book and was so excited when he finished it. "I knew it!" he said, "I just knew Jack and Molly were going to kiss in one of these books!" Micah broke the school record for AR points. I think the record was something like 922, and he's got around 1030 or something like that. I'll have to ask him for the exact number. I warned him, though, that he doesn't know how much the other kids have been reading -- maybe somebody earned 2000 points this year.
- I am so happy. I just love this time of year, and I love this time of my life. Who would've thought that I'd enjoy being past the baby stage so much! I babysat for Tami on Saturday morning while she loaded up her moving van to move to Star Valley. Since James was on his campout with my two baby-sitting-aged sons, I took all the kids to Sam's graduation party, then to Rebecca's preschool graduation by myself. It made me realize how much freedom I have now that Lizzie is getting older. I thought I'd be sad about not being able to have more kids, but I am really happy that we are done. Life is good. My kids are growing up and I'm enjoying every second of it... Well, almost every second...
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Micah: This is the last week of school. On Friday is the awards assembly. I received an invitation for both Micah and Jamey. I asked them if they knew what awards they were getting. It annoys me that they don't tell the parents what awards their children are getting so that we know when to turn the video camera on. They both told me they didn't know. I said, "well, you must have some idea of what you were good at this year." Micah said, "I was good at everything." I said, "well, you won't be getting the humility award." He said, "yeah, they don't have that award." :)
- Teancum: "I'm going to get the I LOVE OLIVIA award!"
- Lizzie: "Yas!" That's what Lizzie says instead of "yes."
- Ethan: "Dad, I think you're growing up to be like Mr. Sebade." (because he sings a lot)
- Teancum: "Mom, you are really BABY sitting!" He said this several times on Saturday as I was walking around holding Baby Kimball and following Toddler Tel around. He thought he was sooooo clever -- baby sitting!
Check out this video of Rebecca trying out her two-wheeler!
Rebecca decided she wanted to ride her bike without training wheels, like Kaykay does. James took her training wheels off and he and I both worked with her a couple times one day, and the next day she was riding on 2 wheels without any trouble. I guess we should have tried it sooner! Now we just need her to convince Teancum to give up his training wheels. He's a pretty cautious guy.
Preschool Art Show
This is my handy-dandy ribbon holder that I asked James to build me so that I could keep Rebecca & Lizzie's room in some semblance of order. I thought I was so clever, until Rebecca looked at it and said, "yeah, Aunt Brittany has one of those."
James left this message on my bathroom mirror before going on his scout campout this weekend. I told him it was a good thing I noticed it during the day, instead of during the night when I would have been totally spooked out. I'm scared to be home alone at night! I need James there to protect me from the Boogie Man. Rebecca saw the note and asked how Daddy did that. Why do I have a feeling that I'll be finding more soap messages on other mirrors in the near future...









2 comments:
You know, Andrew's school is notorious for not letting the parents know what's going on. Or maybe it's just my child! Anyway, they had the Eighth grade awards ceremony this past Wednesday. That was the same night that the Teachers Quorum was having their end-of-school party so Andrew went to that instead, not knowing if he was getting any awards. Turns out, he was nominated for "Outstanding Student". He didn't win, but it would've been nice to have known about it before hand.
Of course, I was totally puzzled when I got an invitation to the Awards Ceremony when I was a Senior in HS. I apparently was in the Honor Club (Honor roll 6 out of 8 semesters) and got to wear cords with my gown at graduation. Who knew?
Wow...what a busy week!
Post a Comment