Monday, June 29, 2009

Funny How Things Work Out

Yesterday Cameron accidentally stepped on and broke my white sunglasses (see photo of Lizzie below). I really liked those glasses, so I was not happy, and Cameron felt really bad. Several months ago I lost my expensive prescription sunglasses. I thought Lizzie had thrown them in the garbage and that I'd never see them again. I looked for them for a few weeks and then just gave up. I was a bit grumpy on our trip home from Utah because I need sunglasses when I'm outside.

The play room is one of the jobs that the boys rotate on each week. This morning Jamey took his first turn on the play room. He was up there straightening toys for about 20 minutes. He knew that I'd been unhappy about my sunglasses breaking, so he brought down a pair of sunglasses and asked if I wanted to have them. Guess what! They were my expensive prescription sunglasses that had been missing for several months! I guess someone had taken them up to the play room and they'd been up there all this time, probably mixed in with the dress-ups. Can you even believe the timing? Since I lost them, I've gone through all kinds of Dollar Store or cheap Walmart glasses, and this white pair was the first relatively expensive (I think they were $20) sunglasses that I have purchased, mostly because James hated all of my Dollar Store glasses.

To add to the story, on Thursday I went to renew my driver's license. I didn't pass the eye test. I really tried, but I just could not see those blurry numbers! She said I could drive without my glasses as long as I had mirrors on both sides of the car, so luckily I am not required to wear my glasses when I drive (I do wear my glasses at night, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to see a thing!), so it is such a heaven-sent that my prescription sunglasses have been found! Now you don't have to grab your children & run them in to your house when you see my big white van coming! I will actually be able to see where I'm going! Funny how things work out.

No comments: