I am home from Woodbadge! Actually, I got home about 9 p.m. last night, driving through a terrific thunder & lightning storm. I was following Brett & Dan from the Riverton stake. Brett is a weather man so when we stopped at a gas station he was so excited to talk about the lightning and all the fabulous things it was doing in the sky. It was the most spectacular lightning show I have ever seen. I was grateful not to have gone hydro-planing in my zoom-zoom car, as I could feel the water whipping against the bottom of the car with my feet.I have never been away from my family this long, so it was so wonderful to walk through the front door and be surrounded by kids, some sticking to me like glue (Jamey, Rebecca, and Lizzie wouldn't let go of me for at least a 1/2 hour -- they're now officially my favorite children!). All of the kids wanted to talk to me at once so I quickly grew 6 more ears and listened to all that they had to say. I can be very grateful that Jamey wasn't seriously hurt when he fell out of a tree at a party with lots of James' attorney friends, that Ian doesn't have a hole in his stomach when a baseball whacked him during a game, and that my mom didn't get too overwhelmed and just get up and leave halfway through the week.
Actually, my mom did a terrific job! You'd think she took care of 8 kids every day. She handled all the kids' sports, piano practicing, Rebecca's violin lesson & practicing, etc. etc. etc. What an awesome mom I have! And speaking of "awesome," that is Lizzie's newest word.
I sure am glad to be back to my sweet little family!












1 comment:
How nice of your mom to come take care of the kids! She is a wonderful lady!
Post a Comment