Happy July! I can't believe the summer is already 1/3 over!
- slippin' slidin' kiddos
- dedicated scouts -- in the hot sun or the pouring rain
- a 6 year old learning to play the piano with both hands
- special time with both sets of grandparents in one weekend
- another monthly trip to the temple
- a brave dental patient
- late-night walks with James
- my new baby jogger!!! I think we'll just call him Burley
- "A Little Bit" a.k.a. Elly Belly, Lizzie Lu, Bethy Boo, Angel, Lucy, or Elizabeth
- tireless Indiana Jones (Aunt Brittany bought the boys the new Indiana Jones Lego playstation 2 game and Indiana has not had a chance to rest since then. Even Rebecca is trying to figure out how to play it)
- swimmers who don't give up
- fireworks in the sky (I love Lander at this time of year!)
- tennis coming to an end
- we have a new niece arriving this week! We can't wait!
- lots and lots and LOTS of fun with cousins!
- kites flying in the sky
- strike outs
- late-night dates for a 99 cent cup of TCBY yogurt
- freckles
- mosquito bites
- hand-me-down bikes and books from the Williams
- having the lbs come off
- we have cheese again! (Sam's Club trip)
- kids who love each other (most of the time)
- dams in the creek
- a friend who kept Teancum from being in trouble for something he didn't do
- tree climbers
- tad poles
- a thoughtful 12 year old
- matching cousins who will grow up being best friends
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- I had to pick up Cameron & Micah from swimming & drop them off at the library at the same time Teancum was supposed to be at the dentist to get his cavities fixed. I asked Jamey to run T in and stay with him at the dentist until I got back there. After dropping C and M off, when I pulled up at the dentist's office, Jamey came running out to the van very excited. "Mom! There's a HUGE picture of Todd on the wall in there." "Jamey, Todd's dad is your dentist." "WHAT?!?!??" I guess he'd never figured out the connection. Todd is in cub scouts with Jamey now.
- Rebecca: "Paige is my bestest friend ever because her mom painted my toenails." Bonds them forever.
- Rebecca: "Do you wish you had purple sandals like mine? Would that make your dreams come true?" Mom: "Do you dream about purple sandals?" "No, I already have purple sandals. But I dream about having crocs."
- Teancum: I was cutting his fingernails. He said, "now I'll have to wait a whole week until my nails are sharp again. When I grow up, I'm never going to cut my fingernails. Then I'll be able to scrape the bad guys."
- Teancum: This one is hilarious. Caleb Newman (James' sister Laura's son from Washington) was staying with Grandma & Grandpa Whiting over the weekend so they could take him to his basketball camp in Provo Monday morning. So he was there when we came through on Saturday afternoon. At Sunday dinner, out of the blue Teancum said, "I think Grandma and Grandpa Whiting found an orphan boy to take care of." T hadn't even realized that Caleb was his cousin. :) Yes, Gma and Gpa W are so nice to take care of that orphan boy. They bring in orphans all the time. :)








2 comments:
I love all your updates, especially the quotes! Your kids are hilarious! And congrats on the new addition! :)
I also love your updates, especially the quotes from your kids.
Post a Comment