Day Four: The Spy Museum!

Cameron was very excited to go to the Spy Museum, which was the one place we went that wasn't free. We got him a ticket to "Operation Spy" (where he gets to pretend he is a spy and complete a "mission") and he went to that for an hour (babies weren't allowed) while I went across the street to the Smithsonian Portrait museum. I was only in there about 2 minutes when I found a portrait of Joseph Smith in a prominent place on the wall. Next to it was a small painting or photo (I can't remember which) of Brigham Young. The write-ups about them were pretty accurate and not negative, so I was happy about that. It did mention polygamy, but how can you avoid that? I looked through the museum

for a while and then walked along the busy street for a while until it was time to pick up Cameron. After that we went through the Spy Museum. I was not at all happy that they wouldn't let me take my stroller in there so I had to carry Lizzie and her heavy diaper bag through the museum, which was very crowded. Cameron loved it, though, and I think that was the highlight of his trip (except for riding the metro, which he said was his very favorite thing). I think it was more centered towards kids, although it did have some interesting things that I wasn't aware of. I guess it makes sense that Washington DC has more spies in it than anywhere else in the nation. Cameron went in the gift shop and bought some "rear-view glasses" (to see people behind you) and a "shocking pen" that gives you a shock when you push down on it. He lost it and couldn't find it when we were coming home, and I thought it was in Curtis & Lindsay's house somewhere, but I found it in the bottom of the washer this morning. I will not try it to see if it still works. I'll let Cameron do that. :)
After we finished at the Spy Museum, we walked around the Smithsonian Portrait Museum to the McDonalds in China Town. We ordered some lunch and sat on the Smithsonian lawn while we ate. Then we walked through China Town, which was basically just a bunch of regular shops and restaurants with both the English and Chinese names on them, up to Union Station and took the metro back to Vienna to pick up the car. We stopped in Gainesville at the Target to pick up ingredients to cook Curtis' favorite meal (apparently Curtis won't eat Lindsay's favorite meal, so she suggested we make Curtis' favorite meal. Curtis is a picky eater.) and then headed to their house to start cooking. We went to bed very early to get ready for an early day the next day!
1 comment:
I don't blame you for not wanting to test the pen! I wouldn't do it, either.
Post a Comment