Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mary Call visits the Primary


Mary Call and her daughter Elizabeth stopped by our primary today on her way to the Salt Lake Valley. Her husband Anson had gone ahead in an earlier party of Saints and she was coming to join him. She told the primary children all about what the pioneer children were like and taught them some pioneer songs that they'll get to sing at the 24th of July celebration at Rock Creek Hollow. Not only were most of the Lander 1st ward primary children there, but the visitors more than doubled the primary, so there was about 36 visitors (I don't remember the exact number, I was too busy listening to Mary Call talk about the pioneer children!). We usually have tons of visitors on the 4th of July weekend because everybody comes to town to see the Bills' fireworks show. We were glad Sister Call had time to stop in for a quick rest before she has to climb Rocky Ridge with her handcart. I was glad she came and took over Sharing Time for me today so I could have a rest.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a great idea!