Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When You're Here You're Family



Great news! I was doing surveys for a clothing survey company, but they decided to dump me since I never/rarely buy new clothes (go figure!). As a parting gift, they sent me a $50 gift card to the Olive Garden. Yes, I admit that I did try to pick something more practical, but they didn't even have Walmart as an option, so I was forced, against my will to choose the Olive Garden for my $50 prize (no, they wouldn't send me a check, I tried that too). The gift card came in the mail the other day. I thought Cameron, Lizzie, and I would be eating hot dogs from street vendors for every meal in downtown DC, but if we can find an Olive Garden in DC this will get us at least 3 lunches! Aren't you so excited? I haven't been to the Olive Garden for 188 days. I know the salad and breadsticks have missed me. Cameron saw the gift card and got very excited as well. All of my kids love the OG too. James tolerates it. Rebecca saw a comercial for it and asked if we could go there the next time we're at Grandma's house. I won't tell her that Cameron, Lizzie, and I might go there in DC! We are VERY excited for our DC trip! Cameron has been looking up all kinds of things online, including what food the airline will give us, the map of the airport, etc. We're excited to meet our new little cousin too. And maybe Skylar can give Elly the last little bit of courage she needs to take some steps on her own! Life is good... especially when you're at the Olive Garden!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yum! I sure hope there's one in DC so you can enjoy! Sounds WAY better than hot dogs!