Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • less than one week until we're in Washington DC and get to hold our newest cuddly niece!
  • so far no angry notes sent home from Ian's summer school teacher
  • a happy metal working artist and the jewelry he made for me and Rebecca
  • sleep walkers
  • sleep talkers
  • late night walks with James
  • a successfully completed 50 mile bike ride
  • a wonderful OG gift card
  • arts & crafts -- what a mess!
  • kittens at baseball games
  • running solo yesterday
  • a project for Rebecca Alexander to earn some spending $ for DC
  • James' brother Pete is now Bishop Whiting
  • a few independent steps from Lizzie -- only one or two at a time
  • a dripping wet (and determined) swimmer and a dancing diver
  • the alligator boat at the lake
  • a few quiet evenings for Mommy
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • On Saturday morning Micah was on a scout campout while James and Cameron were on their 50 mile bike ride. Jamey had baseball practice. So I loaded Teancum, Rebecca, and Lizzie all into Burley and the twins rode their bikes beside me, and we went on my daily morning run. As we were going up the hill towards the 2 mile mark, Teancum asked when we were going to turn around and go back home. Huffing and puffing up the hill, I told him "when we get to that yellow sign I will turn around. Cheer me on." He pointed at the yellow sign and said, "look, Rebecca! Cheer-me-on! We're almost there - I can see it." Now whenever I see that yellow sign in the distance I think of that wonderful place called "Cheer-me-on," my turning-around point.
  • This morning we were talking about KK's birthday party because today is KK's birthday. Rebecca told Teancum he couldn't come because it was only for princesses. T said, "well, when you're 18 you have to invite both boys and girls to your birthday party. It's the law. Policemen made the law and they're in charge." Rebecca: "No, Jesus makes the laws!"
  • When I was giving haircuts, Cameron said, "let me know if I have any whiskers." He is nearly a teenager, you know -- he'll be shaving any day now!
  • Teancum: "How come lots of people only think about eating?" He was either referring to himself or to his mother. :)
  • Rebecca: "When I grow up I'm going to have lots of children and drive a big white van like you."
  • Teancum: I don't remember what he was talking about but then he sighed and said, "that would be paradise." After a short pause he said, "Mom? What does paradise mean?"
  • Rebecca: When we went to visit the Jensens the other night, Rebecca excitedly explained how her daddy had "maded" popcorn because her "mommy doesn't know how" and "Daddy maded cookies too, because Mommy doesn't know how to do that either." So true.
  • Rebecca: "I want to be a Barbie when I grow up." Teancum: "So you can play with yourself? And so that we can pull your head right off?" Followed by loud crying from Rebecca.
  • Rebecca: As of Sunday, Rebecca's new Sunbeam teacher is Becky Packer. Sunday night we told Rebecca that Sister Packer's first name is Rebecca. I asked if she thought she had been named after Sister Packer and she said, "no, she was named after me."









2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I love "cheer-me-on"! That is so funny! I do that all the time with Dallin; remember something funny he said whenever I go back to a certain place.

brittanyc said...

My favorite was the quote from Teancum about Rebecca being a Barbie :) That made me laugh out loud.
Britt