Sunday, July 13, 2008

50 Mile Bike Ride Completed!

Yesterday while Micah was on his scout campout, Cameron & James went on a 50 mile bike ride. They rode it in 6 hours 15 minutes with a short break for lunch. This completes all of the rides that Cameron has to do for his cycling merit badge, so now all he has to do to complete the merit badge is fix a flat tire. He's pretty excited and hopes to earn his Eagle while he's 13 and he's already starting to talk about earning palms as well. Here are the guys before the ride:


On the 4th lap around the Baldwin Creek Loop:

He's mighty tired.

Ride completed! Cameron was too tired to hold his bike above his head.

As motivation, I promised Cameron deviled eggs when he returned. When I came to peek in on them near the end of the ride, Cameron asked if I'd brought any deviled eggs with me. He ate almost this entire plate of deviled eggs when he got home. We don't make them very often and he really loves them.

3 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I love devilled eggs, but after a workout like that. Ughhh!! That doesn't sound good! Way to go Cameron! That is awesome!

stephschmidt said...

WOW! What an awesome accomplishment! I cannot even imagine biking 50 miles! Way to go Cameron and James!

Melissa said...

Way to go guys! That is such an amazing accomplishment and you should very very pleased at your dedicated efforts.