Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday my precious Elizabeth Lucy Whiting

I can't believe it's already been a year! It is sad for me to see my baby leave the "baby stage," especially when I know she is my last baby. She has already become a toddler, complete with temper tantrums and always wanting to have her way. Sometimes when I'm nursing her she'll stop and look up at me and "scold" me for a few seconds, then go back to nursing. I don't want to quit nursing her yet since she is my last one and I want to hold on to every last moment of baby-hood that we have left (which is why she is coming with me to DC). Last night James and I took her on our late-night walk. She was riding in the backpack on James' back and was quite a bit higher than my head. She looked down on me and said "Doe" (she says "doe" a lot) and gave me a look like, "now this is how it was supposed to be." She calls James "dad" or "dada" a lot, but I still can't get her to say "mama!" Maybe she'll be our Daddy's girl. Her brothers absolutely adore her and Rebecca is less jealous of her than I expected her to be. She didn't even get mad at Queen Elizabeth this morning when she pushed Rebecca off my lap and pulled her hair. Lizzie is independent and busy -- Teancum calls her "Busy Boo."

Today is also mine and James' half-anniversary. We've been married for 13 1/2 years today. AND it is Cameron's 1/2-anniversary for getting his braces on so he's off to the store to buy a can of rootbeer and some caramel because he decided that he would eat forbidden foods on his 1/2 year mark. It is a happy day.

5 comments:

Valeri said...

I know the feeling - it all just goes too fast. She is precious!

Happy Birthday little queen!

stephschmidt said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lizzie! I hope you have a great day! And Happy 1/2 Anniversary! :)

Josh n Betsie said...

Happy birthday Elizabeth. Who sings that song?

Camille said...

It is the Dixie Chicks (sp?). My sister-in-law Brittany recommended it when I told her I was looking for baby songs for Elizabeth's birthday movie. I've used up all the other baby songs on my other kids' movies and needed something new. I like it. I can't get it out of my head today.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Lizzie! I also like this song - good choice!