My cousin Wendy tagged me earlier this week, asking me to share 7 random things about me. Being a control & organization freak, being random is not something that comes easily for me so I am going to pattern mine after Wendy's random 7 items, especially since it turns out that Wendy and I are amazingly similar. So here goes...
- I can't stand to have unfinished projects. They drive me crazy. When I have a whole bunch of items nagging at me I have a hard time getting anything done, but when I have most of my projects taken care of and finished, and the house tidied up (because a lot of what bothers me about unfinished projects is the MESS they make), then I feel much more at peace. I will probably be the person in heaven who walks around and puts everything where it goes or checks off the heaven "to do" list.
- Driving makes me sleepy. It is very scary for me to drive anywhere. If James drives, I always fall asleep in the passenger seat. If only I could make my bed feel like I was riding in a car all the time, I would fall asleep much more easily at night.
- I'm a night person to a fault. I stay up way too late (my best ideas and most of my energy come to me in the late hours) and then I can hardly drag myself out of bed in the morning. (I left this word for word the way Wendy had it. That is totally me. Any good idea that I can ever think of having came to me late at night, usually when I was laying awake because I couldn't fall asleep). In the late afternoon I get very tired but after I have dinner my second wind kicks in and I could stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning working on projects.
- I can't handle scary movies. Even shows or movies that I saw as a child bother me at night when I'm trying to go to bed. Especially if James is out of town I get very scared at night and sometimes will leave the tv on all night (muted) because it helps me be less scared. Silly, I know, like the tv could save me from the Boogie Man if he happened to drop by!
- If I could go anywhere in the world it would be Switzerland. That is a quote from Wendy's list and I think it's so funny because when I was in college I wanted to go on my mission to Switzerland. I even had a little jar in my apartment that said, "Camille's Mission Fund: Switzerland" on it for people to put money in. :) One of the guys in my FHE group crossed it out and wrote, "Camille's Wedding Fund," and of course that ended up being true, since I got married when I was 20 and didn't serve a mission. But Switzerland is the one place that I would go if I could choose any place in the world. After 911 I thought I would never make it there because I didn't want to go on an airplane ever again, but after being on an airplane to fly to DC I know that I could handle flying to Switzerland too. So Wendy, you and I will go there on a trip together, eh?
- I'm a competitive person. That is Wendy's quote but I took the rest off because I think people actually do know that about me. I try not to be, and actually a good example of this is when I run races. I go into the race not really caring how I do, but once I start running that competitive spirit kicks in and it drives me nuts if anybody passes me up. And if I see an old, fat guy up ahead of me I think, "I can't let that guy beat me, I have to pass him" and I give it my all until I do. I would say, though, that some of my kids are far more competitive than I am (I'm sure you can guess which ones... Micah... Jamey...) but they probably inherited it from me.
- I wish I could sing in public like I used to be able to. (Wendy had dance here. I quit dancing when I was very young but I also wish I'd kept it up. Wendy is a very accomplished dancer.) I used to be able to sing solos in public and not feel afraid. Now even if I sing in a group I feel like I'm going to pass out and my voice gets very shaky and quiet, especially on the high notes. The last time someone asked me to sing with a group in church I spent the whole time leaning on the girl next to me so that I wouldn't fall over and they haven't asked me to sing since. :) I wish I could just GET OVER IT.
7 people I tag: Brittany, Lindsay, Chalice (where is that blog anyway, Chalice?), Stephanie, Kandice, Melissa, and Robyn.









4 comments:
Fun stuff to know! Ahh the late night, competitive combination - isn't it great! Nothing like game night that goes until 2:00 am with great friends! I'll get on my tag as soon as I get my Halloween post done!
It's funny how much you and Wendy are alike! Did you know that? The flight to DC did NOT make me any braver about going anywhere. I still hate flying!
The picture on my blog is from when we went to Montana over the summer.
Love,
britt
We are more alike than I had realized - that is funny! I've never met anybody else who wants to go to Switzerland as much as I do. Let's go!
I'm like you with the car, I almost always sleep when Todd's driving. But I'm opposite with you hating unfinished projects; I can't stand just leaving things undone, but I love having projects in the works. Having something to work on gives me something to look forward to.
Post a Comment