I am the new Scouting Advancement Chairman. Kristi is a Ward Missionary. James is also a Ward Missionary. Babes doesn't know where she's going yet. The new primary president is Kathy Bishop with Debbie Irene as 1st counselor, Becky Packer as 2nd counselor, and Wendy Bournazian as secretary. Sad thing is, Becky Packer was our Sunbeam teacher and they've already been through a couple teachers, so that's kind of sad for those 5 little princesses, but I'm sure they'll choose somebody great for the Sunbeams. We had a sad farewell day and were able to say goodbye to all of the primary children. I have to admit that I was glad to see that some of them were sad to see us go. Even my kids said they were sad that I wouldn't be in there (I thought they wouldn't be able to wait to get rid of me!). But change is good. The new primary presidency will do great. My new calling couldn't be more fitting for my personality. Aside from primary pianist (which is my all-time favorite calling), this is the calling I would have picked out for me.
Ironically, Debbie Irene was the Scout Advancement Chairman so we have exactly switched callings. I gave her all of my primary things (just handed my binder right over) and this afternoon she brought me an entire closet full of scouting things including books, uniforms, badges, you name it, if it has to do with scouting it is there! Now I need to find a place to keep it... Do you suppose James would build me a pantry just for scouting supplies? :)









1 comment:
So many great memories. I will be forever grateful for our service together but mostly for our lasting friendship. Your the best!
Kristi
Post a Comment