Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
- Lizzie dancing
- TWO front teeth!
- a happy (and loud) town crier
- a Sea Scout who is "soooo emotional!"
- pre-schoolers on a tour of the grocery store
- a happy Jamey
- a new president-elect
- Rebecca writing her name over and over again and drawing many pictures & stapling them into "books"
- beautiful fall weather -- oh, can't it stay this way!?!
- a fun evening out with Kristi
- Cameron might have his Eagle project picked out...
- a tri-state Stake Conference broadcast that was very good, especially since we were nearly the only ones watching it from the cultural hall where we didn't have to worry as much about keeping the kids quiet!
- Jamey praying for a temple in Lander before we left for the broadcast (what a sweetheart - it was worth a try!)
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Teancum: holding up his shirt and looking at his stomach, "Mommy, does it look like I'm done?" (with his dinner)
- Jamey: "I didn't really care what happened until our last president died." I realized that he was confused about the president versus the prophet.
- Rebecca: She wouldn't bundle up for our run so I said, "if your hands fall off from the cold it will not be my fault." Rebecca: "yes it will. It's always your fault. Actually, it's always Lizzie's fault."
- Rebecca: I said, "I did not raise my daughter to be a brat." Always wanting to argue, before she even realized what I said, she said, "yes you did!"
- Rebecca: "I need someone to teach me how to write in curse."
- Rebecca: Elizabeth said, "oh." Rebecca got very excited and said, "Lizzie said a letter! She said O! O is for Obama!"
- Teancum: "Mom doesn't let me pay tithing anymore." This is related to the fact that Teancum rarely gets allowance anymore (because he leaves more things out than anyone else in this house, including the twins, and once I charge him 5 cents for each item of his that I put away he has no allowance left). I can just imagine him saying that to his primary teacher, though!
- Mom: "None of you are ever allowed to go to the bishop's office again!" This is on the list because if taken out of context it sounds pretty funny. Our last bishop used to give the primary kids candy after church each Sunday. Our new bishop gives them gum instead. The other night Jamey found some gum stuck underneath our kitchen table. Hence my comment...
- Teancum: "I'm not gonna get a haircut unless I'm gettin' a mohawk!"
- Micah: Kristi and I had been to a party when we picked up Cameron & Micah from rehearsals on Friday night. When Micah found out where we'd been he said, "you probably ate woman food like vegetables." As a matter of fact, we did!
- Teancum: This isn't anything like the Ariel I've seen! (during "The Little Mermaid") We're pretty sure the guy behind us got lots of T's one-liners on film since he was video taping the play & T was sitting right in front of his camera. James was near him and said it was like listening to an on-going commentary the whole time. :)









1 comment:
I can't wait to see Teancum's mohawk :)
Post a Comment