Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • Teancum's collection of tags from the back of his shirts
  • a black marker
  • my cheerful little Jamey, despite trying out for the Missoula Children's Theater for the 5th year in a row and still not getting in even though Cameron & Micah both did again
  • deacons in the temple
  • cousins
  • trick or treating
  • Indiana Jones
  • unbelievably spectacular weather
  • Daddy reading to the kids and covering dinner & everything else this afternoon and evening so that I could be with the boys for the Missoula Children's Theater try-outs
  • primary children who knew their primary parts!!!!!
  • Jamey & Ian the basketball stars (is it basketball season already?)
  • being lazy paid off. I didn't have to carve a jackolantern because on Cameron's birthday he and Micah went to mutual and they carved jackolanterns there. :)
  • FINALLY, she's getting one of her two front teeth! I was worried she'd look like a vampire forever!
  • daylight savings time
  • the teenager in the house. It's always good to have someone nearby who knows everything.
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Teancum: "For my birthday I am going to Middle America because I want to see the Crookeys."
  • Rebecca: On my run one morning Rebecca was very upset and said, "Mom! All the trees are dying!" I explained that the trees were just going to sleep. The rest of the time she kept saying, "Look at that tree, that tree is going to sleep. All the trees are going to sleep."
  • Teancum: Teancum is the worst about leaving his things out when he comes home from school. He'll walk in the door and suddenly his shoes, socks, backpack, homework bag, lunch box, coat, hat, mittens, anything he checked out from the library, any toys he took to school, etc. etc. etc. is spread throughout the living room and kitchen. One day I told him to put his things away and I said, "you don't leave things on my table or couch or bar or floor." Teancum retorted without missing a beat, "how about your stairs?"
















2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I can't wait to be in the temple with my girls!! It looks like you chopped your hair! I think we need a close up!

brittanyc said...

Those blue dresses on your girls are beautiful!!! Did you get them at Costco? I debated about getting one for Clara, but the smallest was 2T and I wasn't sure about that.
Britt