Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • primary children
  • scout badges, scout books, scout uniforms, scout records, scouts
  • beautiful blue skies
  • dry ground (keep that snow away!)
  • a double baby shower that was very well attended and successful
  • a VTing partner who called me half-way through the month to see what the matter was because I hadn't called her yet to set up appointments
  • a convert baptism and James was asked to confirm him in sacrament meeting
  • a fun basketball game -- Ian scored 2 baskets and Jamey had some great steals!
  • "Whiting Law PC" is painted on the outside of our door now!
  • Jamey received his Bear badge
  • the Tooth Fairy
  • slobbery kisses
  • naked baby running through the house so her diaper rash will air out
  • Jamey's artwork at the School District office
  • Cameron is SOOO excited about his Eagle Project -- I can hardly get him to think about anything else!
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Rebecca: "I don't have five cents. I losted all of my money." (when I threatened that I would charge her 5 cents to pick up each of her things off the floor)
  • Cameron: We told Cameron & Micah that if they couldn't keep everybody from fighting when they were babysitting, we'd have to hire a girl to babysit. We suggested Micah (a girl) or Kennedy, who are both Cameron's age. Cameron said, "she'll do the tendin' and I'll do the muscles and the video games," while flexing his muscles.
  • Teancum: We as an extended Call family have decided to post-pone our Disneyland Trip, which was scheduled for February, for another year because of the recession and job situations. When we told the kids about it, they handled it pretty well (Micah was especially excited and said, "oh, that means now we'll get Christmas presents!" Uh-oh). We told the kids that if we postponed it a year, then Casey would be able to come and maybe he would have a girlfriend to bring with him. Teancum started strutting back and forth through the kitchen chanting, "oh yeah, she's hot, Casey's girlfriend, she's hot! She smells like flowers. She's hot, oh yeah." I wish I'd had the video camera handy! I cannot even describe what a character he is. So unpredictable and funny!
  • Cameron: While helping James and Micah in the garage, suddenly during a quiet moment Cameron suddenly said, "hee hee, I make myself laugh." And then he laughed.
  • Teancum: "The Tooth Fairy has the best handwriting I've ever seen!" Teancum's tooth fell out on Tuesday while I was at the baby shower and James forgot to tell me. The next night Teancum complained that the Tooth Fairy had not come to get the tooth under his pillow. James gave me a look that said, "woops! I forgot to tell the Tooth Fairy about the tooth..." But then that night I forgot to replace the tooth with money. And again the next night. And the next... So finally the next day while T was at school I typed up a letter explaining that I'd been in Hawaii collecting teeth from the children there and was sorry for the delay, so I was paying him twice as much as usual. I stapled 2 dollars to the letter and left it under his pillow. He was so excited when he found it and asked James to read the letter to him. Yes, that Tooth Fairy sure does have great handwriting!
  • Teancum: "What is that thing?" This is the best quote of the week. When James was a prosecutor, his boss got all of them a deal where they could get everything they wanted dry-cleaned for under $40 per month. What a deal! As you know, before we got married I made James promise that I'd never have to iron anything. I'd much rather clean a bathroom or scrub the floor! I had ironed his shirts (on a monthly basis) for many years when he signed up for the $40 deal and what a relief that was -- I was so happy! Each year it went up a little bit in price, but then last year they sent a letter that it was going up to $58. What a ripoff! So we cancelled the service and since then I've been going with the take-them-out-of-the-dryer-while-they're-still-wet-and-not-totally-wrinkled plan. So one morning James decided he was going to try to iron his shirt himself. And he proceeded to ruin the shirt by turning it brown because that's what our iron does -- it ruins shirts. Teancum saw what he was doing, and having never seen an iron before, he reacted in a very natural way. "What is that thing?!?" The reason it is so funny is because years ago when we took Cameron & Micah for their pre-school screening in Laramie, they were asked to identify several pictures and neither of them could identify what an iron was. "What is that thing?" This was the same screening where they were asked what they would do if they went into a room and it was dark. Of course, the right answer was, "turn the light on." Cameron told them he would get a flashlight. Micah told them "I would get a gun." Needless to say, we were not nominated for parents of the year that day...
  • Rebecca: "Mom, who is the president of Disneyland?" "There isn't a president of Disneyland." "What about California?" "No, there isn't a president of California either." "Is there one in Sea World?" "Nope." "Oh, this is no use for me cause Disneyland doesn't have a president, Sea World doesn't have a president, California doesn't have a president! That is so stupid cause they got to protect their land cause otherwise their land will be dead except for roller coasters!"
  • Rebecca: She saw a commercial on tv for body wash. She said, "Mom, you should get body wash." "Why?" "So people will like you more."
  • Teancum: He had just seen some photos of my mom in her teenage years, bell bottoms and long, straight hair, the whole 70's deal. "Mom, why did Grandma look so weird?"







High School Musical singers

No comments: