Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Night at the Theater

Last night's performance was even better than the afternoon performance. I think both Cameron & Micah really enjoyed themselves. Cameron really is so dramatic that it's too bad that he didn't want to be on stage -- but then, he is very interested in technical things so I can totally understand why he wanted to run the lights.

Ethan said he wants to try out next time and I told him I might let him if he shows he can control himself before then. The last time I let him & Ian try out (a few years ago), they acted like wild animals on the stage. I was considering letting them try out this year, but at Pack Meeting they got into a fist fight in front of the entire audience. Then last Sunday Ethan was being very loud during sacrament meeting and James had to lift him and carry him, kicking wildly, out of the building where Ethan proceeded to scream uncontrollably for an hour before he finally calmed down enough to come back inside. Once inside, where we were practicing the primary program, he continued to goof off & be disruptive, and after it ended he tried to strangle Ian. Needless to say, I put all considerations to rest about letting them (especially Ethan) try out. I didn't want to have to carry him kicking & screaming off the stage because he just can't control his body. When we talked about it today I reminded Ethan about last Sunday and he said, "oh, that will never happen again." Yes, we can always hope so...

Micah was one of six town criers and as you can see, his costume is way too small for him. Another town crier had a costume that was way too big and between shows, I suggested to Micah that he trade costumes with this other boy. He told me that he liked his costume and he didn't want to switch. That's my Micah! I guess I can say that I'm glad he didn't care what other people thought.

Here are 3 of the video clips I took last night at their final performance:

Cameron is the 2nd from the left.

Micah is the 2nd from the right.

No comments: