Monday, March 30, 2009

Phantom

For their Theater Merit Badge, on Saturday we went to see "Phantom" at the Hale Center Theater. It is not the "real" Phantom of the Opera. It was written by someone else and had different music and a completely different story line. But I thought it was excellent and would highly recommend it. Micah was dragging his feet to go because he wanted to continue spending time with his cousin Caleb, but even he was on the edge of his seat and enjoying it the whole time. The singing, acting, scenery, and staging were all excellent.


This is before the show. Don't they look excited? :)

Afterwards we walked across the parking lot to the Training Table, my 2nd favorite restaurant and had some late-night cheesy fries. It was 10 o'clock when the play ended. We arrived back at my mom's house at about 11 o'clock.

The boys need to see one more play and I think we'll probably go to the high school's production of "Hair Spray" this week. One of the girls from our ward is in it and we'll probably know several others in it so that will be fun. There was a 5th grade boy in the Phantom play, who did an excellent job and was a very good singer. Micah asked if I thought he could be in a high school play right now. I don't know if our high school uses younger kids in their plays. That would be interesting to look in to. Micah paid a lot more attention to the acting and Cameron paid a lot more attention to the lights and staging. He kept motioning to me to check where the spotlight was or which things were going to drop down from the ceiling next. The chandelier actually did fall from the ceiling and that was my favorite part. Like I said, it was very good and I'd definitely recommend it.








3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

What a fun night! I haven't been to a show there forever; I'd really like to go again sometime.

Cami Jo said...

We did Phantom in High School...it's probably the same one. A Father/Son story in it, right? Glad you took the boys, sounds like they enjoyed it more than the 'before' photo shows!

Wendy said...

The show they did at Christmas was excellent so I can only imagine that this one was, too. I'm glad they enjoyed it!