Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little Miss Organization

Sometimes when Rebecca is supposed to be going to sleep, instead she is awake cleaning her bedroom. This is a good thing because her bedroom is usually pretty scary, without an inch of carpet showing underneath all of her clothes, hair things, shoes, school papers, toys, etc. But Rebecca doesn't just tidy her room and put things away. Cleaning her room involves taking ALL of the clothes out of her dresser, laying them out on the floor, maybe trying on a few, and then carefully, pain-stakingly folding each item (underwear included) and placing them carefully in her drawers. I don't know why she bothers to do this because the next morning when she's getting dressed, every article of clothing is thrown out of her dresser back onto her floor where it started the night before. When I was a little girl, I used to organize my mom's cupboards (kitchen, bathroom, hallway, whatever) in such a way that she could never find what she was looking for after that. I suppose Rebecca must have picked up a little of that organization gene from me.

One night after she'd been up on one of her Cleaning-the-room rampages, I woke up in the morning to find all of Lizzie's dresser like this:

When I do Lizzie's laundry I usually just throw all the clothes in the drawer. Rebecca had carefully rolled up each shirt and placed them in their own little spot in the drawer so that they could all be seen.

3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

A woman after my own heart; I LOVE organizing! It's absolutely one of my favorite things to do. You are one lucky lady :)

brittanyc said...

That is really cute. I bet it makes you smile to open the drawer and see her cute little folded shirts :)
Britt

Wendy said...

How cute. I also love organizing. Maybe it runs in our family since you and Steph do, too?