Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • Ronald Reagan
  • Micah's great attitude
  • a free foosball table, even though we don't have room for it!
  • the end of a great basketball season
  • Micah was asked on a date by a girl in his class and he told her he couldn't date until he's 16
  • Cameron making Eagle project plans
  • a Webelos discipline meeting -- only 1/2 of the Webelos showed up, unfortunately, so we can't have Webelos until the other 1/2 get the discipline lecture. It is the same lecture that they had as cubs, and I'm sure they'll get the same lecture again as 11 year olds... Bro. Smith is hoping for a release as Scout Master before this group turns 12... The happy part is that actually my twins are not the biggest problem at Webelos (at least not when James and I are there watching... and according to Sister Pehrson). Something in the water that year, I guess, because every single one of those Webelos is a behavior problem.
  • no-bake cookies
  • a day of scouting and mini-road trip with my friend
  • a great Enrichment night. We watched the VT movie again, and it is always fun for me to hear the sisters laugh and enjoy it. There are some changes I'd make to it if I were to make it again, although I still am happy with how it turned out.
  • 1/2 of my new tax-refund-computer has arrived, the other half will come tomorrow. Eric helped me pick it out. We were on the phone until nearly midnight one night looking at different options and ended up deciding on this one and I am sooooooooo excited (and so ready to throw this computer out the window). Kristi, I'm ready to make the wedding movie now!
  • talking Lizzie. Today when I said "one" she immediately said "two."
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:

  • Cameron: "The love of my life won't even look at me in the halls." This was partially joking because of all the talks we've had with him about how what he likes about girls now may not be what he's looking for after his mission, but it is kind of scary to know that Cameron is noticing girls right now. Luckily both of the girls he likes are LDS and very nice girls.
  • Rebecca: "Could we just get new tv's that don't have Spongebob on them?" I agree!
  • Ian: "What would you rather have for the rest of your life -- biscuits or kisses?" Micah: "Kisses, cause biscuits would get old."
  • Jamey: "Do you think you could raise those 8 twins? (the octuplets) I bet right now she's looking at your blog saying 'hey, I should give some of them to her." :) I'd love that, but no, I highly doubt that Octomom is looking at my blog thinking about giving me any of her babies.
  • Rebecca: "Mommy, I wish we only had 3 kids because look -- only 3 bowls left!" Just the other day she told me that she wished we had enough kids to fill all the seats in our 15 passenger van. Fickle, fickle!

Foosball table from our back-door neighbors. Their only son is one year older than Cameron so we get all of their hand-me-down clothes and since only 1 kid wore them they're in great condition. We really don't have room for this table, but I won't make a peep about it because I'm sure all of the kids would gladly move the piano out to the garage to make this table fit. :) Now we have both a foosball and an air hockey table, neither of which we have room for. The foosball table is currently in the kitchen between the bar and dining room table. You can barely walk through the kitchen right now!




After Micah's last game -- they beat the undefeated team! What a great way to finish off the season! Micah was in for nearly the entire game again.


This video is of Micah's basket going in, although I didn't start recording soon enough so you don't see him shoot it.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

One of my favorite things about your blog is reading the quotes of the week. I also love that picture of Rebecca in her ballet outfit.