Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • chameleons that really change color on stage
  • very hairy frowny faced Jamey
  • black-eyed assistant directors
  • blue and gold fleur de lis
  • great friends who step in and help, even when you don't ask for it
  • blue jello
  • spaghetti slipping off of slippery plates onto Cub Scout uniforms
  • Ronald Reagan
  • recorder concerts and ear plugs
  • Lizzie wiping her nose on James' nice dry-clean-only coat
  • Cameron combed his hair, on his own, without me asking him to... he's growing up! Yikes!
  • NOT having a stabbing in the neighborhood
  • neighbors who care about each other
  • basketball mania
  • pink curlers
  • turtles, turkeys, toads, Teancum, trucks, tractors, tennis shoes, teeth, toes, talents...
  • a reminder of how lucky we are to have each other, after our bishop took care of a family who had just lost their mother & grandparents in a car wreck on South Pass and James' secretary was the emergency responder who comforted the 10 year old girl as she cried for her mother.
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:

  • Rebecca: "Can we still eat when we have babies in our tummies?" Mom: "Of course." "Does the food get on the babies?"
  • Rebecca: "Mom, can I live with Kaykay when you die?" "Maybe." "Oh, I just love it when moms and dads die and get killed!" (today she asked me the same thing - she's asked this several times - and I asked her if she was hoping I would die. She said yes because she REALLY wants to live with Kaykay).
  • Rebecca: "We should change Harold's name to Kitty." "Why?" "Because he's a kitty." "Oh, so should we change your name to Person since you're a person?" "No, we should change my name to Ariel and Lizzie's name to Rebecca and Harold's name to Kitty."
  • Rebecca: I was trying to do Rebecca's hair and she kept wiggling so I told her to hold still. "Can I breathe?" "Yes, you can breathe." "Can I go like this?" she starts heavy breathing and poking her stomach way out and in.
  • Ian: When he heard about the supposed stabbing and what the situation had been, he said, "How selfish! He stabbed her and he didn't even tell her what he wanted! That is totally selfish!" So I guess Ian will be courteous to mention what he wants to the person before he stabs them.















Here is Jamey's recorder concert:


Here is Micah making a basket:

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That picture of Lizzie eating ice cream is priceless. :)