Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wendy's 8's Tag

Here is my cousin Wendy's tag:

8 Favorite TV Shows
  1. Monk
  2. House
  3. Eli Stone, although I haven't watched it for a long time -- is it still on? I rarely watch tv on week nights unless it's late at night like Jay Leno or Conan.
  4. The Today Show
  5. Rachael Ray
  6. Desperate Housewives
  7. Grey's Anatomy
  8. Any news program like Dateline, Primetime, etc. etc. We only have basic cable so I don't know most of the tv shows that Wendy listed.

8 Things I Did Yesterday

  1. got the awards ready for the Court of Honor -- thank goodness they came in the mail yesterday!
  2. went to the Court of Honor
  3. had a mini-open house for Mom Whiting's friends to come say hi to her
  4. forgot to pick up Rebecca from pre-school until her teacher called at 3:15 and wondered where I was. I have NEVER forgotten my kids before! I can't believe I did that!
  5. took Rebecca to swimming lessons
  6. picked up the food order in record time with Dad Whiting and James helping, brought it home, sorted the food, double-checked the sorted food, and had it all done before the ladies started arriving for the mini open house.
  7. helped 5 foster families load their food into their cars and took a phone call from another Lander foster family who wants to start ordering. Sorted and put away all of our food into our pantry.
  8. visited with Mom & Dad Whiting while they were staying with us (they were in town for a friend's funeral. Not a happy reason to come but we were all happy to spend time with them)

8 Things I Look Forward To

  1. The end of winter(Amen, Wendy!)
  2. my birthday
  3. going to the Olive Garden
  4. building my dream house someday
  5. paying off law school
  6. sleeping in
  7. going to Disneyland in a year
  8. going to Moab again someday (Natalie?)

8 Favorite Restaurants

  1. Olive Garden
  2. Training Table
  3. Hires
  4. Arby's
  5. Papa John's Pizza
  6. Sizzler
  7. Arctic Circle
  8. Tony's

8 Things on My Wish List

  1. for each of my kids to make it through their teenage years without getting into trouble
  2. for each of my kids to make it through their childhood without being kidnapped, harmed in any way, etc.
  3. my dream house that I can imagine walking through and know exactly where I'll put everything and how it will feel and how it will smell and what it will look like. My dream land is right between the Petty's and Irene's on the hill by the airport (James says I won't like having planes fly over me).
  4. a grand piano
  5. to not have enough skin to still be able to fit a 9-month baby in my stomach (ideas, anyone?)
  6. plenty of college, mission, and retirement savings for my kids & us
  7. to be able to pay the down payment/closing costs on each of my kids' first homes
  8. To go to Switzerland (we're going someday, right Wendy?)
8 People I Tag
  1. Cami Jo
  2. Robyn
  3. Brittany
  4. Lindsay
  5. Chalice
  6. Betsie
  7. Kandice
  8. Julie

1 comment:

brittanyc said...

Well this was fun to read! I have forgotten my kids twice from school and it's such a HORRIBLE feeling (that early out on Friday's throws me off!)! You think you've somehow got it all together until stuff like that happens :)
Britt