Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

We had a fun trip to Utah. First we stopped in Evanston on the way and had a delicious meal of Arby's sandwiches and curly fries. We went to the temple for December on New Year's Eve. We went to the temple again on January 3rd, so we fit two months' temple attendance into one trip.

On New Year's Eve the zoo had free admittance, so we went to the zoo with our cousins & Grandma & Grandpa Call. We ran into the Broughs there too (they are the ones who told us it was free zoo day!). The kids all had a fun time at the zoo. And we managed to pass off some cub scout/Webelos requirements in the process. That's always a good thing!

We had a fun, relaxing time hanging out at my parents' house and at Chris & Brittany's house. We also went to see Katalya's cute new nursery when we took pictures of the 3 girls. James, me, my parents, Chris, and Brittany went out to dinner one night.

AND my mom, Brittany, Isabelle and I met my aunts & cousins at the OLIVE GARDEN for lunch on New Year's Day -- a yearly tradition! Then the next day I took Cameron & Micah to lunch at the Olive Garden to use the gift card we received from Chris & Brittany for Christmas. That was fun! You know how I love the OG!

The guys watched lots of ball games. We tried to go to Chris' house to watch the U of U game during a big snow storm. We made it there, thankfully, but then the snow cut off Chris' satelite. So we tried to go back to my parents' house to watch it on their tv. Well, our van got stuck in the snow and the guys spent about 45 minutes getting it unstuck. We had to chain up and go at a snail's pace all the way home. But we made it safely.

James took the kids sledding a couple times. It was a fun trip and I know the cousins all had a great time playing together. I enjoyed relaxing, and it's a good thing I did relax before we had all the problems with our van on the way home!
James is watching the game. We should have had the guys sit on the other side of the table where they couldn't see the tv's.
Heaven on earth!














1 comment:

Wendy said...

How fun you went to the zoo that day! Brandon and my parents also took Chase to the zoo that day. Unfortunately I was at work so I didn't go. In fact, that reminds me that I haven't even looked at the pictures they took that day!