A few days after Micah got his splint, the doctor called to see how he was doing. He said the radiology department had reviewed his x-rays and decided that the bone wasn't really broken. He said that he disagreed with them and still thought it was broken, but that if Micah felt comfortable without the splint, he could take it off. When I told him about it he seemed a little disappointed. I guess it's pretty cool to have a broken bone. But after a few more days he did take the splint off. Sometimes he complains that it hurts, but I think he is doing OK. I think the main reason he wanted to take it off was so that he could play basketball.
Junior Jazz Basketball has started. Micah has played it for a couple years now and hasn't been really great at it, but that's because he never practiced. Now he's been practicing almost every day at home, sometimes alone, sometimes with James, sometimes with Jamey or Ian. But the practicing is paying off. Micah is improving and is actually one of the better players on his team. He didn't make any baskets in his first game Saturday, but he did have some assists and had a lot of almost-baskets. His team won by a wide margin. I love it when my kids put their heart & energy into improving in whatever they're passionate about at the time. Cameron gets this way about science or inventions. Micah gets this way about sports, or other competitive things like the science fair or history day. Sometimes they are both that way about scouts.
Lizzie watched Micah's game and said, "go, Micah!"
Lizzie watched Micah's game and said, "go, Micah!"
Basketball is a good thing, as long as he doesn't get injured! Here are a couple videos of Micah:









No comments:
Post a Comment