I don't buy fruit very often because it's really expensive and I can't justify spending the money when we get cookies, crackers, chips, and other naughty snacks for mere pennies in our foster parent food order. So when I do buy fruit, it is quite a treat. I bought apples last week and Rebecca was so happy. One day she ate an apple for breakfast, an apple for snack, an apple for lunch, an apple for after-school snack, and she would have gladly eaten an apple for dinner if I hadn't insisted that she eat what the rest of us were eating. Apples are really a magical food. They don't have to be refrigerated. They aren't messy (unless you're like Lizzie and spit out the skin all over the house). They taste good and clean your teeth. And they're lots better for Rebecca than the cookies or chips that we get inexpensively in the food order. I wonder if Rebecca would ever get tired of apples if I bought them all the time.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Magic Apples
I don't buy fruit very often because it's really expensive and I can't justify spending the money when we get cookies, crackers, chips, and other naughty snacks for mere pennies in our foster parent food order. So when I do buy fruit, it is quite a treat. I bought apples last week and Rebecca was so happy. One day she ate an apple for breakfast, an apple for snack, an apple for lunch, an apple for after-school snack, and she would have gladly eaten an apple for dinner if I hadn't insisted that she eat what the rest of us were eating. Apples are really a magical food. They don't have to be refrigerated. They aren't messy (unless you're like Lizzie and spit out the skin all over the house). They taste good and clean your teeth. And they're lots better for Rebecca than the cookies or chips that we get inexpensively in the food order. I wonder if Rebecca would ever get tired of apples if I bought them all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I love apples, too. Not sure I'd want 4 or more in a day, but I do love them :)
Post a Comment