Thursday, December 18, 2008

She's a Big Girl Now!

A couple months ago we bought a toddler bed at DI. I put the pieces carefully under Lizzie's crib because I wasn't ready for her to have that kind of freedom yet. But one night James decided that he wanted our baby to be a big girl so he took the crib down, gave it away, and put up Lizzie's toddler bed. She was excited about it at first, but then she realized it was time to go to bed and she wasn't too excited about it after all. She knows how to get out of bed very easily, but we do have a guard rail on it to keep her from falling out. She hasn't been sleeping really well since the transition. James has spent lots of nights on the floor of her room (because I spent a sleepless night the first night he put the bed up and I reminded him that it was his idea to put the bed up in the first place). Hopefully she'll get used to it soon. When we put her down for naps, if she doesn't feel like taking a nap she just gets out of bed and walks right out. She's so cute! She's a big girl now!














3 comments:

brittanyc said...

I think you guys are crazy! There's not a chance that Clara would stay in her bed if we did that. Although, she's so spoiled that we often get her out of bed after everyone's already gone to sleep just so she can hang out with us a while longer. It's like she's our last one or something!
Britt

stephschmidt said...

That's a cute bed! Makes me want to get something for Dallin...

Wendy said...

Yay for Lizzie!