
On Sunday Micah received what is probably the best compliment of his life. It was during the Sunday School lesson that Brother Scott was talking about Mormon and how he was only 10 years old when he was told that he needed to start remembering everything that happened because he would need to record it for all of us in future days. Brother Scott laughed and said, "can you imagine the 10 year old boys in our ward being able to fulfill a mission like that?" Of course, his point was that Mormon was quite an exceptional young man, as he was. President Larsen chimed in and said, "I beg to differ. We have some very fine young men in our ward and the first one that comes to mind is Micah Whiting. He is a very sober, humble young man who if Bishop Irene were to come to him and give him a mission of this nature, he would take it very seriously and that mission would be completed." I wasn't in there because I was leading the music in primary, and James wasn't in there because he was substituting for one of the youth Sunday school classes, so this is based on what Kristi told me. But I thought that was a great compliment to our little deacon who doesn't ever comb his hair. :) (Micah is looking over my shoulder right now) He is a very good kid. When the kids made their Christmas lists, guess what Micah put on his:
1. a good pair of boots that fit him
2. Kung Fu Panda
3. hot pockets for my lunch (and you can take it out of my allowance if you want)
Compare that to Ethan's list of 12 or so very high-priced items and you'll understand why I was so grateful for Micah's much more reasonable list. Micah is very respectful to adults and, for the most part, kind to those around him (I have to include his brothers as an exception to this because sometimes they don't get along, but for the most part he does very well). He is a good kid. I hope he stays that way. I am proud to be his mom.
4 comments:
Wow! What an amazing kid! That is a great story!
That is exactly how it happened - not taking away from any others in the ward but paying Micah the highest compliment for his humble & serious nature. President Larsen was not the only one to single Micah out but the whole class was in agreement on this special young man in out ward!
Kristi
How sweet. It is really fun to see how each child comes with their innate personalities. You are lucky to have such a great young man.
What a great compliment to Micah! And that goes to you and James as well since you're his parents.
Post a Comment