Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • lots of Christmas celebrations, concerts, and parties
  • kids excited for Christmas
  • Christmas lights, music, decorations, presents, I love Christmas time!
  • blue candy canes
  • a delicious night out at the Cowfish with James on Friday -- I LOVE prime rib!
  • We get to sleep in all this week... and next week! Yippee!!!
  • Cameron is making progress on his Eagle project
  • receiving great Christmas cards from friends -- I love it!
  • our home withstood a direct hit from the Webelos den
  • my cautious little swimmer
  • very generous neighbors and friends - we are so blessed!
  • Lizzie thinks the apple is a ball... a very delicious ball that she can take a bite out of and then throw, take another bite and throw, etc.
  • Lizzie walking around the house long after we've tucked her into bed.
  • our choir performance went well, even though our choir director was snowed out.
  • dry streets. I hate snow. Bah, humbug! Keep it dry!
  • Jamey watching "Some Like it Hot" over and over again in his room and calling James and I in every now & then to show us funny parts. He thinks it's sooooo funny that those guys were pretending to be girls.
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Ethan: The night we were hosting Webelos at our house, the youth were going to be going on a hayride caroling through town. James suggested that they come by our house so that the Webelos could go outside and throw rose petals at them. Ethan retorted, "more like throw rocks at them!"
  • Rebecca: I was chasing Lizzie around calling her a turkey. Then I said, "I think we'll have turkey for dinner!" Rebecca said, "Mommy, I don't think we're gonna eat Baby for reals." "Why not?" "Because she's a baby and I don't think people eat humans... because they would taste bad."
  • Teancum: Our new rice cooker has a beeping alarm that goes off when the rice is done. The other day we were in the middle of dinner when the alarm (finally!) went off. Teancum ran and opened the sliding door, stepped outside, and then looked in at all of us curiously. I motioned for him to come back inside and he said, "but I heard the fire alarm go off!"
  • Cameron: Cameron told me he had a headache and I told him I'd had one all afternoon also. Ian asked why I had a headache. Was it that I'd been thinking too hard? Cameron said, "no she doesn't think very hard." I gave Cameron a funny look and he tried to fix it, "you don't have to think hard because you're already so very smart." :)

Jamey's school play "The Polar Express"
Rebecca's ABC Preschool acts out the NativityThe Webelos had their meeting at our house this week.
That's me on the porch...guarding the house... should I let them back in???
Lizzie and Rebecca enjoy snacks at Daddy's office.
Lizzie knows where the snack drawer is in the file cabinet. The first thing she does when she arrives at the office is run to the drawer and start shaking the cabinet trying to open it.
blue candy canes...
Laura & kids made this blanket for Lizzie Lu
she's magic!
Two Jameys
Teancum's class party... cookie decorating
We shall protect the tree!

This is what happens when Cameron gets ahold of the video camera.

Rebecca has been taking swimming lessons all throughout the school year. She has yet to go off the diving board. This is the closest she has come. As you'll notice, Kaykay has no problem going off the diving board:

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I'm glad you're having so many fun holiday activities! Don't you love this time of year??

Wendy said...

It looks like you've been really busy! I like the pic of Lizzie's blue mouth!