Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • lunch with Therese a.k.a. Evil Kinevil
  • dessert singing
  • hail in July
  • enough doctor and dentist appointments between Monday and Wednesday to read an entire Ensign cover to cover while sitting in waiting rooms
  • antibiotics
  • Rebecca on drugs (James asked if I filmed her and put her on YouTube, but I did not. She was pretty funny, though. And she can still talk just as much while she's drugged up as she can when she's "sober")
  • Lizzie is still not on the chart. I thought she would be by now, but she is still a miniature little person. She has to stay on whole milk for a while.
  • after a year of work, I finally finished the movie project for Sister Alexander! You know how I feel about unfinished projects, so I feel such freedom now that I finally completed it!
  • choir practice with lots of cooks in the kitchen
  • successful missionary fireside
  • Ian FINALLY earned his Webelos badge (the twins have both had all of it completed for months now, and were just waiting for the items that they had to do at scouts. FINALLY Ian did his this week at scouts)
  • primary piano pieces
  • faithful footsteps of pioneer forebears
  • growing up voices
  • Lizzie the soloist
  • hugs from widows
  • 4 teeth lost in one week -- 3 in 2 days. Micah won't have any teeth left soon!
  • Jamey very lovingly sewing up the hole in his stuffed racoon's ear
  • Jamey is very worried that he is so small. "When will I grow bigger?" he keeps asking
  • Where are Teancum's shoes? Why can we never find his shoes when it's time to go somewhere?
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Teancum: "I don't want my beautiful wart taken off."
  • Teancum: "I hope Casey finds a wife just like you." Mom: "Why is that?" T: "Because I really like you." :)
  • Teancum: "Why do people have so many pictures of Barack Obama?"
  • Elizabeth: "hiyah!" (karate) She would yell it every time she threw a macaroni across the kitchen. It would have been much easier to be mad at her if she weren't so dang cute!

    Embarrassing Moment of the Week: Saturday was our stake's annual pioneer day celebration at Rock Creek. I was asked to lead the music and to make copies of the words for the audience. Before I took the words to the copy store, I did spell check, but I didn't read through them carefully. I am so grateful that I noticed my horrendous typo in "Carry On" before I went up to lead the music or else I would have started laughing (or crying). "...we hear the dessert singing" instead of "we hear the desert singing..." I saw Sydra laughing in the audience, but the rest of the group of about 200 people either didn't notice the typo or didn't dare laugh about it.
    :)

This is my Gymboree purchase from my Call Girls' weekend at Park City: matching hair bows for the girls. Aren't they cute?
Check out those gardens! They will pass off those merit badges this time!



I couldn't believe it, but we had hail in July. I grabbed the camera after the worst of it had already ended, but this is a movie of the end of the hail storm and the beginning of a spectacular rain storm that filled up our back porch like a swimming pool and turned the street in front of our house in to a river. And just as quickly as it came, it was gone! I don't understand how we could have had pea-sized hail when it was so hot outside. Wyoming has such weird weather!

1 comment:

stephschmidt said...

Wow, I love the gardens! And I do the same thing; I always take magazines to read while I'm waiting at the doctor or dentist.