- stitches. Lots of stitches.
- blood. Lots of blood.
- A great Call Family Reunion - fun time in Park City, great family photos, Casey's excellent Homecoming address, hanging out with family, girls' get-away, temple open house and temple sealings
- cousins, cousins, cousins, cousins!
- I am now the primary pianist again: my favorite calling of all time! I am also still the Advancement Chairman, which is good since all of my Woodbadge ticket items are tied in to that calling -- and I enjoy it a ton. Interesting that the ward is doubling up on callings since so many don't have callings, but I could see this coming since the old primary pianist just got called as the choir director and music chairman, and I've been substituting in there for her pretty regularly, and very few people play the piano in the ward. I am happy. Now I can glare over the piano at my kids when they are acting up. Primary is great!
- Cameron playing the piano just for fun
- Micah's declaration of war on piano. I swear it will be a miracle if our pioneer cd is really out by July 24th. The only thing left is Cameron & Micah's duet, but Micah has turned into a teenager and is boycotting piano. The other day he went to his room and got in bed every time I told him to practice his piano. The only thing that saved him was that evening when Brother Jensen and the missionaries came for dinner, he was too embarrassed to continue being obstinate so he practiced (while the rest of us ate) and then he got to eat dinner too. He has some serious work to do on that duet! He's been "practicing" it all summer separately, but when the 2 boys put it together, it turns out Micah was playing the majority of the song in the wrong key and I never knew it because it sounded fine separately. Time to relearn the whole song! I shouldn't have waited so long to put the 2 together. At our house, if you don't play the piano, you don't eat. Micah might be getting pretty skinny this next week if he decides to continue boycotting piano.
- Lizzie walking around the house saying, "Daddy? Daddy?" Where could Daddy be?
- mosquito repellant
- outlet stores, mexican food, and ice cream
- Grandpa has cavities?
- a 2 inch pile of blue merit badge cards
- Micah got to visit his friend at the hospital twice, and then once in his home now that they are back in Lander. He's doing pretty well overall.
- my princess birthday girl
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Teancum: "Whitings use words." (to Cameron & Ethan when they were punching each other)
- Rebecca: "In Heaven is there not any mosquitos and all the mosquito bites go away?" (that girl is covered!)
- Rebecca: "You're just trying to not be with me!" crying, when James and I were trying to leave for the Elder's Quorum party, which kids were not invited to.
- Teancum: "Are YOU his mother???" after Grandpa Whiting called me "Mommy."
- Rebecca: "When will I be a Mom? Oh! This is taking FOREVER!"
- Ian: "I remember Lizzie when she was this high."
- Teancum: "Some people name their child and then when their baby turns into a kid, they change their name."
cool in the pool
holy cow!
check out those olympic jumpers!
gq models
Uncle Casey and his four new nieces -- they just LOVE him! Can't ya tell?
Lizzie trying to carry Kate around
man, it's hot out here!
blow out those candles!
temple sealing night
2 peas in the pod
temple open house










No comments:
Post a Comment