Doesn't it seem like when one things goes wrong, pretty soon lots of things go wrong? For instance, we had a 2" screw in our tire after we got home from Rock Creek's pioneer celebration. We were able to travel safely to Utah for our August temple trip, but while I was in Costco, James pulled the screw out and the tire deflated. James and Ian changed to the spare tire. Luckily Les Schwaab (sp?) patched the tire for only $12, and within 45 minutes. That doesn't happen in Lander! Then yesterday our van's sliding door wouldn't open. We don't know what happened and we were discouraged thinking it would cost lots more money to fix. James had been trying to change the oil and the filter that he bought didn't fit, and he couldn't find any in town that were the right one. Luckily today he was able to 1) find the right filter and finish changing the oil, and 2) fix the van's sliding door.
Then this morning my disc printer quit on me, right in the middle of a project that I'm doing for a lady that Mrs. Campbell referred to me. James spent a lot of time trying to fix it, but to no avail. Now, I know I use my printers 100 x's more than they were intended to be used, but seriously, I expect them to work as hard as I do -- not to fall apart! I haven't fallen apart yet (although I sure felt like it this morning when I was so close to being finished with my project and something silly like a broken printer had to throw off my groove!). I checked online and they have discontinued my printer (of course), as well as the newer model that uses the same ink cartridges (of course), so I ordered a refurbished one (I hope I don't regret that!) of my same model. It won't be here until Aug 11 and this couple is going to Alaska for a big reunion with friends (hence the purpose for the movie) on Aug 8th. I prayed about it, and would you believe that later in the afternoon when I turned the printer on it suddenly was working again! I have no idea what "fixed" it, but I was able to print all of the discs that this couple needed. Then when I tried to print the cover, it broke again. I tried sending it to the other computer, but the file was too big for my old computer to handle, and I still haven't figured out how to network my other printer on to this computer (it's even older than my disc printer). Once again I started praying. I turned the printer off and back on a couple times, and miraculously it started printing the page. I was able to print the covers for the dvd cases and I have the project all finished and ready to be picked up. At first when the printer started working again, I thought, "oh no! I wish I hadn't ordered that new printer!" Then when it broke again I realized that Heavenly Father had provided a miracle for me in order to finish this project and that the printer could not be relied upon to work when I needed it to. I will probably keep it on hand for parts for the new printer (as if I would know how to exchange them anyway, but maybe James would).
These things together with my blog suddenly being unuseable for pictures, I've been wondering why these things pile up together? I am scared of what might break next! At least James is able to fix most car-related things. And we were sure blessed to be able to fix our tire in Bountiful rather than in Lander because I'm sure it was much faster & less expensive.
By the way, James did say I could have his blog. I just haven't gotten around to "taking over" yet. I've been working on many other things. I missed writing my happy thoughts this week, and maybe that's why everything is breaking down! :) So I'll put a couple classic quotes from last week here:
Teancum: "I don't know what this stuff is. It's like burping juice or something."
Teancum: "Rebecca, act like puppies!" I had given Lizzie the last package of fruit snacks and T and Rebecca both wanted some. I said they could have some if she decided to share them. Lizzie was being pretty stingy with them, but once Teancum figured out how to turn it in to a game, she was all for feeding her "puppies." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
They all happen at once to increase your happiness. . . REALLY.
When you have a really terrible day full of frustrations, then normal days will seem much happier.
Post a Comment